Monday, August 25, 2014

8/25/14 Today's Inquiries

These links may be recorded for quality assurance purposes.

The Links:

Paul Krugman responds to yesterday's article about the blue state "diaspora" by nothing that housing costs are the largest reason people are moving to red states. See also, 43% of new homes being sold are over $300k and only 8% are under $150k.

Susan Dynarski thinks lower interest rates on college loans is the wrong way to help college students.

But, Harvard, Yale and Princeton could afford to make tuition free for all their students.

And, the case for an undergraduate law degree. I can't wait to tell Laura her degree ought to be awarded to an undergrad! Perhaps a more European system of professional education is in order?

Joseph Randall, a 21 year old from Chicago, explains why he dropped out of college. Probably for that sweet sexting app money.
If college would have given me training in online business, marketing, investing, and financial literacy, I would have religiously devoted my time to it. However, things didn’t pan out that way, nor were they designed to at a community college.
Speaking of colleges, this Maryland college is getting surplus military gear. Glad to see colleges aren't being left out of the militarization movement.

What if Facebook and Twitter were part of your job? Well, I probably couldn't get hired. One of my favorite questions to ask people when they ask me to join Facebook is to ask if I still need to be a college student to join. I also don't use Linkedin. Wow, I may never have another job if I don't start wasting more time on social networks.

Burning Man is closed due to rain. Ha ha.

Vox, a site launched last spring, is apparently not living up to it's hype. The criticism is valid but I find myself enjoying it quite a bit. I only wish there were more of the cards and less of the articles.

Learning economics form The Simpsons. That unpossible.

And we get this from XKCD today:



No comments:

Post a Comment